So, you’re in the market for a firewall, and someone told you that Fortinet FortiGate is the way to go.
Well, they were right!
Businesses across Dallas, TX are turning to the Fortinet FortiGate line of firewalls because of their ability to:
- Improve Security
- Reduce Complexity
- Provide Visibility
- Deliver Low Cost of Ownership
- Support Flexible, Scalable Deployments
- Supply Automated Protection
- Provide Integrated Threat Intelligence
This impressive technology helps businesses ranging from small offices to enterprise-level companies stay one step ahead of the bad guys and gives companies the ability to protect their assets, their business investment, and their employees, worldwide.
Do You Know What Fortinet FortiGate Firewalls Do?
The FortiGate Series has something for every business. From the small, two-person office to multinational corporations, Fortinet has you covered. Small offices have seen great success with the FortiGate-30B series, and the FortiGate-5000 series is specially designed to meet the requirements of the large enterprise. Between and beyond those two models there are many other choices as well.
But the success of Fortinet FortiGate is not limited to the hardware itself. The software that has been developed to run the hardware – FortiOS™ – is a significant advancement over its predecessors.
According to the manufacturer, FortiOS™ allows the FortiGate hardware to “provide a comprehensive and high-performance array of security and networking functions.”
Those networking and security functions include advancements such as virtual domain abilities. Virtual domains allow you to divide networks up into segments. This is especially helpful for those businesses with high security and compliance requirements.
Firewall policies is another important function of the FortiGate/FortiOS™ combination. Firewall policies direct traffic travelling through the FortiGate hardware. When a connection packet comes to the firewall, it is analyzed, and a decision is made by the pre-programmed policies as to what to do with that packet.
- Drop the packet
- Accept and process the packet
- Force logging and authentication of the packet
- Deny the packet
- Give the packet bandwidth priority
Fortinet FortiGate firewalls use the combination of hardware, software, and customized configuration to deny access of suspicious activity to your system and to determine and control the authorized activity based on priorities set in the configuration.
Have You Investigated The Features Of Fortinet Fortigate Firewalls And Determined What Features Will Work Best For Your Dallas TX Business?
- Traffic Shaping – We mentioned traffic shaping briefly in the last section. Traffic shaping is the ability to manipulate the bandwidth that is given to traffic. This feature is useful for companies that have a large volume of traffic. Traffic shaping doesn’t give your company more bandwidth, but it does give you control to make better use of the bandwidth that you have.
- Antivirus – By analyzing elements such as a file’s name, type, size, and signature, the antivirus element of the FortiOS can help prevent dangerous files from gaining access to your network.
- Intrusion Protection – FortiGate employs a two-pronged strategy to combat cyber attacks. The first strategy is an anomaly-based defense. When something seems to be out of the ordinary – like a flood of unusual traffic in a DOS attack – the system is triggered to move into action and alert. The second strategy is a signature-based defense. This defensive strategy protects you from a cyber intruder by preventing known exploits and tactics used by criminals to access networks.
- Web Filtering – Web filtering means exactly what it seems. By keeping employees in a “safe” area of the internet, Fortinet FortiGate firewalls help your Dallas, TX company avoid phishing scams, spyware, ransomware, blended network attacks. Web filtering also controls possible trouble spots like streaming media, file-sharing, and instant messaging.
- Antispam Filtering – FortiGate stops spam at the entrance to your network rather than dealing with it internally. By filtering POP3, SMTP, and IMAP email, your business can free itself from emails containing words and files that are typical of spam email.
Which Fortinet Fortigate Model Is Right For Your Business?
Fortinet makes it easy for your business to choose between their top-selling models, but it’s best to check with a Fortinet FortiGate implementation and management specialist, like those on the Data Magic Computer Services Team.
Here’s a screenshot from Fortinet showing features of the different top selling models.
Fortinet FortiGate Firewalls Are Delivered In Three Tiers – Entry, Mid-Range, And High-End.
Choosing the right firewall for your Dallas TX business can be challenging without the right IT consulting and IT security expertise on your side. The Data Magic Computer Services team would be happy to assist you in choosing the firewall that will best serve and protect your business. Here is a list of the three tiers offered by Fortinet.
- FortiGate 30 series
- FortiGate 50 series
- FortiGate 60 series
- FortiGate 90 series
- FortiGate 100 series
- FortiGate 200 series
- FortiGate 300 series
- FortiGate 400 series
- FortiGate 500 series
- FortiGate 600 series
- FortiGate 800 series
- FortiGate 900 series
- FortiGate 1000 series
- FortiGate 2000 series
- FortiGate 3000 series
- FortiGate 5000 series
- FortiGate 7000 series
Knowing the Competition helps Data Magic give you excellent advice regarding your FortiGate purchase.
The prominent competitors of Fortinet FortiGate are:
- Palo Alto Networks
- Check Point Software Technologies
The staff of Data Magic Computer Services does their due diligence and searches out the best firewall appliance and configuration for each client.
Every decision you make for your business is consequential, but in technology, maybe none as consequential as the decision of the appliance and software that stands guard at the gateway of your internet. Make contact with the company who offers Fortinet FortiGate firewalls in Dallas TX – Data Magic Computer Services.
Do you have more questions about Fortinet FortiGate firewalls and the management of firewalls? We have more for you to read HERE.