Peachtree Premium Accounting For Construction Can Help You Get More Done Each Day
There’s so much competition in the construction industry in Texas. How can you compete with large construction companies that have virtually unlimited budgets? – By using the right accounting software so your staff can work smarter, not harder. Let Peachtree Premium Accounting For Construction help you tackle your finances.
With so many software programs available, you can spend lots of time checking out the features in each one. That’s why we’re providing information on Peachtree – to do the homework for you. We’ve listed some of the ways using Peachtree can benefit your construction company.
What Is Peachtree Premium Accounting For Construction?
If you run a small construction company, Sage’s Peachtree Premium Accounting is an excellent product to consider. It’s affordable, functional and incorporates an industry-backed feature for contractors.
It brings all the elements in Peachtree Premium Accounting, plus robust job-costing, progress-billing, and industry-specific reports. It’s designed to save time, increase accuracy and help you determine a job’s profitability.
With Peachtree Premium Accounting, you can track revenue and costs down to the most minute detail. Your staff will spend less time on their accounting tasks and more time growing your business.
How Will Peachtree Premium Accounting Benefit Our Construction Business?
It’s easy to use. You’ll have a sample company pre-built for construction to get going. It comes with a toolbar with a chart of accounts that’s construction-specific, and easily customizable. Its uncluttered data entry screens provide lookup options throughout the program to help you along the way.
Peachtree uses centers for easy system navigation. Its setup wizards will help you get it running quickly. The centers are arranged according to their functions. Illustrations are designed to match the way you work. Navigation Aids help you understand how transactions are processed. This makes it easy to find all the features you need.
You’ll Benefit From:
- An affordable and scalable solution with robust job-costing capability, construction-specific features and analysis tools. You’ll benefit from a powerful core accounting solution with retainage tracking. It has capabilities to apply labor burden, and progress billing makes your accounting tasks much more manageable. You can utilize a default chart of accounts that can be easily customized. Peachtree’s GL functionality includes an excellent banking function, making it easy to reconcile all of your accounts. You can also integrate it with other Sage and CRM products.
- The ability to track subcontractor insurance expiration and job-in-progress analysis to reduce your liability risk. There’s also a Subcontractor Insurance Report where you can view insurance expiration dates, company name, policy limit and number. You can keep insurance expiration dates within the software, so it warns you when you try to pay or enter a transaction for a subcontractor whose insurance has expired.
- Payroll features with helpful customer and vendor-management reports. Whether you outsource your payroll or manage it in-house, you’ll have access to cost-effective, time-saving options such as:
- Full-Service Payroll with Peachtree Payroll Service where professionals at Sage Software do the work for you.
- In-House Payroll with Peachtree Payroll Tax Update Service.
- Peachtree Direct Deposit where you can make payday easier for everyone in your company.
- Data Security where you can choose who has access to your accounting and at what level. Plus, it will record and report on any changes made to your transactions. When used along with Peachtree software’s password security, you can monitor each employee’s activity on the platform and know who made changes and where.
- The Business Status page that displays eight distinct views of company data, including Aged AP, Aged AR and Account Balances. The Accounts Payable (AP) functions help you process standard vendor payments, along with a Vendor Management Center, where you can manage all levels of vendor information. It provides electronic payment options and a series of analysis tools that provide access to current company status. Peachtree’s Accounts Receivable (AR) functionality includes processes for handling customer quotes along with standard posting payments received. It automatically calculates retainage on any invoices or credit memos. And, you’ll like the Management Center where you can manage all levels of vendor information.
- The MyDashboard feature that comes with Inventory Adjustments, Purchases Received and Item Purchase History. The Business Status Page and the My Dashboard are both customizable.
- The Inventory function that uses LIFO, FIFO and Special Unit Valuation for any inventory products. You can also track your inventory with user-defined codes. An inventory adjustment feature allows you to make adjustments to inventory levels. You can also use serialized inventory if you wish.
- Sage Peachtree Business Intelligence, an add-on application that helps you create custom reports in Excel that contain superior drill-down capabilities, and the ability to combine several reports into one.
- An Estimates History that provides detailed information on all previous estimates entered since the original estimate was processed. You can estimate costs for each job or job phase as needed.
- A Help & Support function that’s accessible from anywhere in the platform. Support documents like the Getting Started Guide help new users as will numerous tutorials. There are also links to a customer support center, as well as email and telephone support.
The list of positives and great reviews for Peachtree Premium Accounting For Construction goes on and on. As a trusted IT consultant for construction companies in Dallas/Ft. Worth, we can help you find the IT solutions that work best for you. Check back for more information about Peachtree and other software. Data Magic Computer Services is here to answer any questions you may have.
Did you find this article helpful? We have many more you can read in on our Blog.